CHARLESTON, SC — As the fifth anniversary of the highly-anticipated BB&T Charleston Wine + Food Festival gets underway, the non-profit organization is pleased to announce the promotion of staff member Sara Donahue to Food and Beverage Manager and new board members.
Sara Donahue joined the Festival staff last September as the Events and Logistics Coordinator and has recently been promoted to Food and Beverage Manager. In this role she will be working with food and wine committee volunteers, managing the guest chefs and winemakers participating in the events, developing the wine program, cooking demonstrations and competitions and much more. Donahue graduated in 2008 from the College of Charleston with a Bachelor of Science degree in both Hospitality and Tourism Management and Business Administration. Before joining the staff Donahue served as an intern for the 2008 Festival.
Several new voting board members have been selected for the 2009-2010 Festival including:
- Elizabeth L. Boineau, Founder and Owner, E. Boineau & Company
- Tradd Newton, Owner, Fleet Landing and Vendue Suites
- TJ Parsell, Jr., Owner, Hospitality Management Group Incorporated
- Leon Scott, Director of Rooms Division, Charleston Place Hotel
- Martin O. Skelly, Retired
- Thomas L. Taylor, Jr., Partner, Complete Employee Service
Officers for 2009-2010 include:
- Richard T. Widman, Owner, Charming Inns, Chair
- Richard Jerue, President, The Art Institute of Charleston, Vice Chair
- John A. Wallace Jr., Senior Vice President, NBSC, Treasurer
- Caroline Bevon, Owner, Catering by Caroline, Secretary
Existing Board Members include: Beth Bailey, Louise Ballard, Dave Bucks, Randy Byerly, Jimmy Hagood, Laura Hewitt, and Marion Sullivan.
The annual BB&T Charleston Wine + Food Festival has been praised as one of the top five food and wine festivals in the U.S. by Forbes Traveler. Set against the backdrop of the No.2 destination in the U.S., according to Conde’ Nast Traveler magazine, the event showcases the talents of the world’s most celebrated chefs, culinary professionals and winemakers. Each year the Festival benefits local culinary charities and scholarships. The fifth anniversary celebration, March 4-7, 2010 promises
enhanced events throughout the weekend and more Lowcountry venues by land and sea.
For more information visit www.charlestonwineandfood.com or call 843.727.9998 ext. 4. Tickets on Sale September 3, 2009!